There goes another interesting story related to Ganguram’s famous item called Indrani. Once Ganguram decided to add essence to the curd he was famous for. The result was a preparation of 2500 cups of essence curd. But it was for a regular customer and a renowned artist named Satyen Roy who pointed that since people love Ganguram’s curd for its unique taste, adding essence might give an impression that the curd was adulterated. What could be done to the odd 2000 cups of essence curd then? Well… that’s how Indrani was born.
- Grated Paneer – 200 grams.
- Milk – 1/2 litre
- Sugar – 250 grams.
- Cardamom Powder – 2 teaspoon.
- Few strands of Saffron – soaked in 2 tablespoon milk.
- Chopped Almonds – 1/4 bowl.
- Raisins – 1/4 bowl.
- Pomegranate seeds – 1/2 bowl.
- Pistachios – as required.
- Nutmeg powder – 1 teaspoon
- 1 drop vanilla essence
8.) Pour the milk above the balls & then sprinkle some pistachios & nutmeg powder.
9.) Garnish with pomegranate seeds, & some saffron.