INGREDIENTS- 4 tablespoons butter
200 grams cooked chicken tikka, chopped
8-12 wanton sheets
2 tablespoons fresh cream
Iceberg lettuce leaves as required
4-5 medium tomatoes, chopped
½ blade mace
2-3 green cardamoms
3-4 garlic cloves
1 inch ginger, chopped
1 teaspoon red chilli powder
Salt to taste
½ teaspoon chaat masala
1 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander leaves
Blanched chive strips as required
1 teaspoon garam masala powder
½ teaspoon dried fenugreek powder
1 tablespoon honey
1. Line a steamer with lettuce leaves.
2. Heat tomatoes in a pressure cooker. Add ½ cup water, mace, cardamoms, garlic, ginger, chilli powder, salt and 2 tablespoons butter, mix, cover and cook till 3-4 whistles.
3. Combine chicken tikka, remaining butter, 1 tablespoon cream, chaat masala and coriander leaves in a bowl and mix well.
4. Put some chicken tikka mixture in the center of each wonton sheet, get the ends together, press the center lightly and tie with a chive strip to seal.
5. Heat some water in a small deep non-stick pan. Place the lined steamer on top and bring water to boil.
6. Place the chicken wantons in the lined steamer, cover and steam for 4-5 minutes.
7. Blend the pressure cooked tomatoes using a hand blender to make smooth mixture.
8. Heat another deep non-stick pan and strain in the tomato mixture. Add garam masala powder, dried fenugreek powder and honey and mix. Add remaining cream, mix and cook for 2-3 minutes.
9. Put tomato gravy in a serving plate, place the steamed wantons and serve immediately.