850 grams cottage cheese (paneer), cut into 1 inch cubes
2 tablespoons garlic paste
3 teaspoons tandoori masala
½ cup hung yogurt
2 tablespoons fresh cream
1 tablespoon chopped garlic
1 green chilli, finely chopped
2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander leaves
Salt to taste
½ teaspoon turmeric powder
2 teaspoons red chilli powder
1 teaspoon carom seeds powder
1 teaspoon chaat masala
3 tablespoons roasted gram flour
1 teaspoon vinegar
1 tablespoon mustard oil
Oil for greasing
Chaat masala for sprinkling
Salad for serving
1. Slit the cottage cheese cubes without cutting through.
2. Mix together 1 tablespoon garlic paste and 2 teaspoons tandoori masala in a bowl and apply the mixture between the slits of cottage cheese cubes.
3. To prepare marinade, mix together hung yogurt, cream, chopped garlic, remaining garlic paste, green chilli, coriander leaves, salt, turmeric powder, chilli powder, remaining tandoori masala, carom seed powder and gram flour in a bowl. Add vinegar and mustard oil and mix well.
4. Add the prepared cottage cheese cubes to the marinade and mix well. Refrigerate to marinate for 1-1½ hours.
5. Preheat oven to 200° C.
6. Grease a baking tray with some oil and place the marinated cottage cheese cubes. Put the tray into the preheated oven and bake for 6-8 minutes.
7. Sprinkle chaat masala on top and serve hot with salad.